Friday, July 14, 2006

Pillars of Creation


_______________________________________________
For full size image click on: imgsrc.hubblesite.org

Gas Pillars in the Eagle Nebula (M16):
Pillars of Creation in a Star-Forming Region
Take a Tour of Stellar Spire in the Eagle Nebula m16


"Equipped with all their sensors, man & woman explore
-the universe around them and call the adventure Science."
"The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons."
"The universe is unfolding as it should."
"Observations always involve theory."

For more fascinating images visit: hubblesite gallery
_______________________________________________________
Quote of the Day:
My formula for living is quite simple.
I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night.
In between, I occupy myself as best I can.
Cary Grant
_______________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________

Labels: , , ,